Monday, July 22, 2013

CROSSROADS

Part-4

There were two entrance gates in my home. Sensing that my parents and the outsiders were sitting in the t.v. room I decided to enter from the back side which was near to the kitchen.
The creaking sound of opening the door caught their and there was a pin drop silence in the hall. My mom sensed that I was back home so she started calling my name and I could hear the sounds of her foot wear coming towards me. I had to duck myself and hide in a corner behind a drum. The moment I hid myself she arrived. The opened the door again but seeing no one she felt dis appointed and she walked back in to the hall and joined the others.

I tiptoed myself out of the kitchen and hid myself behind a pillar. It was Sheila aunty once again with her whole family and she was speaking something about the kids ignoring their parents and doing what they wished to do and also she compared me with her own son. I hated her and when she said this line my hate considerably increased.

Seeing the tension building I called one of my friend and he came to my rescue. He told my parents that I was with him for some work helping him in some work and he didn’t realize how fast the time went away.

The calmness had returned in my parents face. They were told that I would be back soon. Now this was my parents turn to defend me against Sheila aunty. Sensing that her plans had failed, Sheila aunty along with her husband left for their home.

I went into my room and prepared myself to face my parents.  When I was sure that they had gone. I decided to step out and face them


I opened the door of my room which was loud enough for my parents to hear.

Dad: how come you came out from your room? You were at your friend home
I didn’t say anything
Dad: speak something tell me where were you?
Me: out for some work
Dad: what kind of work? I know that you didn’t go to your friends place. You can’t be home so early its 30 minutes away. Stop lying and tell me where were you.
Me: audition (I murmured)
Dad: what audition? You had your cricket trials today and you skipped it
Dad: tell me to which audition did u go to?
Me: theatre
Dad: loud
Me: theatre
Dad: oh so our son wants to be an actor (he said looking at me and then at my mom)
Me: yes I want to
Dad: so you think you can be like Amitabh bachchan? Look at you; you don’t stand a chance.
Me: you think if I had joined cricket I would have become Sachin Tendulkar
(Slap - slap)
Dad: look what he learnt today. Those people teach him how to answer your parents back.

What are you staring at? Madhu look at the guts he has. Now that Sheila got one more chance to show off

Get out from here don’t talk with me ever.

 I went back into my room ate my food and I slept. A new world was waiting for me






No comments:

Post a Comment